Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Roasted Curry Cauliflower



The people who package curry apparently don't use it like I do. In my opinion, it should come in a container the size of Morton salt and be used just as liberally. Not sprinkled here and there like someone who's afraid of a little flavor. If you're gonna curry, either go big or don't curry at all, right? Who are these curry-haters anyway? Anyway, I try to use the spice every way I can, so I converted a recipe I've used for roasted chickpeas to work with cauliflower (which is definitely not something I use often). I'm always in the mood for savory snacks, and this one is waaaay healthier than my usual go to of chips and salsa, or triscuits and colby-jack cheese. 

Ingredients:
1 Head of Cauliflower
Drizzle of olive oil
A few good shakes of cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic powder and curry

Mix in a large bowl and roast at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, until desired crunchiness is achieved. Longer, if you like the burnt pieces like me. As my niece would say, easy-peasy, lemon squeeze-y. 




No comments: