Monday, September 10, 2012

Music Monday: Karmin


I'd like to give a shout-out to a fellow Nebraskan, Amy Heidemann, one half of the duo, Karmin, which she fronts with her adorable fiance Nick Noonan. I've been recently introduced to their music and I am totally in love. Its fresh and new and unlike anything else you hear right now. Plus Amy has this completely unique and fun, almost pin-up style about her that is completely herself, most easily seen in her signature "suicide roll" hairstyle. I can't wait to see whats in store for these two do in the future. 

In other news, Sev and I got locked out of our place last night. Me, I'm like oh great, we have to call a locksmith. Thats $100 and 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Sev, on the other hand, walks a few blocks to the gay bar down the street, borrows an extension ladder, scales the side of our 3 story loft like Spider Man, jimmy riggs the screen in our window open and climbs in. All the while I'm trying to convince our neighbor and the pizza delivery guy that we aren't breaking in...errrr...we're breaking in but to our own house. It was quite comical. And i'm really glad I'm marrying him. You never know when you need a McGyver. 

No comments: