Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Asian Meatloaf and Dad's Mashed Potatoes


I made quite the meal last night, if I may say so. A MAN meal, as Sev called it. Pure meat and potatoes. But not just any meat, and definitely not just any potatoes. Anyone that knows me knows I would spend my last living meal devouring loads of my dad's famous mashed potatoes. His secret? Cream, salt and pepper, a little cream cheese and some sour cream. Not incredibly good for you, but oh so tasty and definitely worth a few extra miles on my run. To go with this amazing side (yes, I am one of those people who often plans sides before the entree, just like how I often pick my shoes before my outfit...) I decided to make a twist on a classic: Asian meatloaf. I followed a typical meatloaf recipe similar to this one, but instead of ketchup, I used teriyaki, and I added ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and siracha (naturally). Pretty damn good. Kinda proud of myself on this one. Next time I won't be so shy with the siracha. It could've used a bit more. Always more heat.


 Ew. Touching raw meat. And egg. Least favorite part. 


Apologies for the pictures. Nothing to write home about, but hey, its a loaf of meat. How much can you expect?

No comments: