Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie


Soooo...the title may be a bit of an exaggeration. Its good, but not pumpkin pie good. Honestly what is, except, well, pumpkin pie. Y'all know how much I love using pumpkin in the fall, and I decided to use the rest of the canned pie filling I used for my pumpkin bread earlier in the week for a breakfast smoothie. Super easy and chances are you have most of this stuff in your pantry now. (Except for the chia seeds. Who, besides total hippies, eats those...)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
1 cup milk (I used vanilla soy)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
sprinkle of chia seeds
and a generous helping of nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves
You can also add ice cubes, but I did not since I was still too chilly from my morning run. 

(And you know me. All of these measurements are estimates. Life is too short to use measuring spoons)

No comments: