Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Going West

I have some very exciting news...Sev and I are moving west! In a few weeks we will officially be residents of the great state Colorado...the land of whiskey, women and gold. After three wonderful years in Atlanta working in sales for Showtime Networks, I have decided to go back to school to pursue my passion of photography and will attend the Art Institute in Denver. I have always loved the Rockies and am so excited to be living in a city with so much to offer; from the amazing restaurants and nightlife to all of the outdoor activities I've been missing since moving to Atlanta. Starting over like this is a big, scary risk, but after everything me and my family have endured these past few years, the one thing I've learned is to do what makes you happy and have no regrets.

Sev and I will be living downtown with my younger brother (who is probably one of the greatest people in the world) and I'll also be a drivable distance to my parents in Nebraska which I couldn't be happier about. While we don't leave for another few weeks, I am so excited to start this new chapter in our lives. Stay tuned for updates and, hopefully, better photography on this little blog.

5 comments:

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

I'm visiting family in Colorado right now (the springs) and I always love it here! I'd love to live here sometime myself. So excited for you guys! You'll love it.

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

Farewell from a Georgia native! I'm glad that you've enjoyed your time in the South. :) Out of curiosity, what do you want your last Atlanta meal to be?!

The Sister Studio said...

CONGRATS! This is oh so exciting. You'll have to keep us updated on your journey. :)

Libbie said...

Thanks y'all! And what a great question Leslie! I'll have to think about that one. Maybe shrimp and grits, or pimento cheese sandwiches, or fried green tomatoes (or anything fried for that matter...)

And of course REAL sweet tea!

Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll write about it!

Style Dilettante said...

Your are so dead on in your new outlook on life! Best of luck to you and welcome to the West! You're going to love it b/c the west is best (Jim Morrison said so...)

http://inherentstylela.blogspot.com/