Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Diamond in the Rough

After being together for 3 years, people are always asking me and Sev when we are going to get married, but we both still feel so young and are not quite ready for that step in our lives. It will happen someday, but that someday is not today. Or tomorrow. Or probably even a year down the road. Plus the thought of planning a wedding makes my head spin. Definitely not ready for that.

That being said, I do love jewelry and would never say no to a lovely sparking thing on my hand or ear. I find myself drawn toward the rugged, but delicate look of handmade jewelry, especially any item involving diamonds. Below is an amazing rough cut diamond piece that I love, as well as a few lesser-priced gemstone pieces that give you the same look at a fraction of the cost. Anthropologie and Sundance are great sources for this type of jewelry, and there are always endless finds on Etsy.

The Inspiration
Ring by Melissa Joy Manning $565

The Look For Less



Sundance Diamond Earrings $338
Quarts Earrings $28
Solitaire Ring $43
Anthropologie Ring $48

No comments: